Physical exercise is an excellent way to stay healthy and deal with stress. Gyms may be closed, but these downtown businesses offer online classes and content to keep fit in the safety and comfort of your own home!
• Pilates studio, Urban Body San Jose, has shifted to virtual sessions via Zoom... and YES, they are taking new clients! Virtual sessions will occur on the same day and time as your in-person session with the same trainer you usually work with. Additional sessions are also available to schedule. Click here to email the studio to learn more and schedule your session
• Keep up with ClubSport San Jose's Facebook post to stay physically and mentally healthy!
• United Bay Area Karate Club is offering free virtual karate and HIIT workouts every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• The Studio Climbing Gym invites instructors from several Touchstone gyms to live-stream their classes, so you can still work out together even when you’re social distancing.
• In the safety and comfort of your home, you can start off your week strong with #OrangetheoryAtHome virtual workouts posted on their Instagram.
• Until the end of April, HOTWORX members can access at-home workouts and a virtual personal trainer through the HOTWORX app.
• On Instagram, WESTCA Gym keeps you active with daily at-home workouts.
• ClackFit keeps you fit with their lockdown workout series.
Experience art, performances and other creative content through your computer screen!
• San José Museum of Art shares ways that you can experience art through their YouTube channel, website and social media platforms.
https://www.youtube.com/user/sanjosemuseumofart/videos. Also, clear your mind and enjoy the present moment with SJMA's guided meditations.
• For little ones, check out Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose's virtual museum with hands-on activities and fun learning opportunities to keep kids educated at home.
• Stay inspired with San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art's #ICAStaysTogether campaign, where you'll get a daily activity to channel your creative energy.
• Tour San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles' newest exhibit, virtually led by Bay Area artist Kira Dominguez Hultgren.
• There's also plenty more virtual museums to check out with Google Arts & Culture, a platform providing public online viewing to some of the world's most prominent art museum exhibits.
• Recommended by the San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, The Metropolitan Opera streams free encore presentations from the "Live in HD" series at 7:30 pm every night and you can explore the deep blue with The Monterey Bay Aquarium's 10 free live webcams of sea life including sharks, jellyfish and penguins!
• MACLA goes online with Stories From La Sala (Stories From the Living Room), a series of online videos, performances, digital workshops, artist talks and more, delivered to you daily from their network of local artists. Follow their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates and live scheduling.
• San Jose Jazz continues their "Live From Home," weekly series featuring artists performing an at-home 30-minute concert which is live-streamed via San Jose Jazz's digital platforms through Facebook Live on Monday and Thursday evenings at 7 pm.