As part of The Silicon Valley Organization’s regional economic development program - silicon valley IDEA - the Business Walks acted as a tool for of business retention and expansion.
Twice annually, teams of volunteers made up of SVO members and the area's stakeholders canvass a commercial corridor.
The volunteers ask businesses three simple questions:
- How is business?
- What do you like about doing business here?
- What could be done to improve business in the area?
The survey provides the opportunity to connect businesses with resources that can help solve some of the identified issues and bring new resources to bear on others.
Click here to view reports for the following business walks:
- 2016: Winchester Blvd.
- 2015: Alum Rock; Story Road
- 2014: Alameda Corridor; North First St.
- 2013: Blossom Hill/Almaden; Downtown/SOFA District
- 2012: Willow Glen