The 2018 internship program has passed. Please check back in early 2019 for next year’s program and review our FAQ’s for general information on the internship program.
About the 2018 Silicon Valley CareerPath Internship Program
Selected students will:
- Participate in the summer internship program for approximately 5 to 6 weeks, a total of 120 hours. 20 of these hours will be training hours.
- Be paid minimum wage for the duration of the internship. Students age 16 or 17 will be paid the training wage of $11/hour. Students age 18+ will be paid the minimum wage based on the city of their worksite.
- Participate in all of the soft-skills training prior to the internship program.
- Fully participate for the duration of the internship.
- Provide their own transportation to and from the internship.
- Application Opens late Feb/early March
- Application Closes in April, exact date TBA by school district
- Application Results Announced (Early May)
- Program Kickoff (6/8)
- Interview Days with Potential Worksites (6/11 to 6/13)
- All Interns Matched with a Worksite (6/15)
- Internships Begin (6/18 to 6/22)
- Internships End (7/20)
- Program Celebration (TBA)
- Student must be at least 16 years of age by June 1, 2018
- Student must be a resident of the city of San Jose
- Student must be enrolled in or completed at least 1 career technical elective course during high school
- Student cumulative GPA (unweighted) must be at least 2.0 or higher
- Student must be able to provide his/her own transportation to and from the internship
- Graduating seniors are still eligible to apply
About the Internships
The companies and organizations that will be hosting interns will primarily be located in Santa Clara County. Past employers include Comcast, Hilton San Jose, Kaiser Permanente, Silicon Valley Business Journal, and the Valley Transportation Authority.
If you have any questions about Strive San Jose, SJ Works, or your application, please email email@example.com.