Name: Michael Mulhern
Company: Team San Jose
Michael Mulhern has been actively promoting the community of San Jose and forging connections between individuals and organizations there for more than 15 years.
As Destination Services & Partnerships Manager for Team San Jose, Michael is responsible for the individual convention attendee/leisure visitor experience and providing support and guidance to meeting planners by connecting them with local service providers to create uniquely Silicon Valley events. He designs programs geared towards driving economic impact within the region while at the same time working to ensure memorable guest/client experiences.
Michael manages the San Jose Concierge team and oversees the HOST volunteer program which provides traveler assistance at San Jose International Airport 365 days a year. He also operates Team San Jose’s Temporary Staffing agency providing skilled staff to support events and activities throughout the entire San Francisco Bay Area. This facet of his job is perhaps the most rewarding as he matches candidates with employment opportunities and helps his workforce to develop skills and work experience which further their own careers.
His greatest daily accomplishments often come from talent cultivation and development.
Michael is a Co-Chair for the Arts Marketing Roundtable; a monthly gathering of marketing professionals from local arts organizations and attractions. The group works to share best practices and identify ways to collaborate and promote the numerous arts programs within San Jose.
Michael serves on the Executive Board of the Silicon Valley Concierge Association where he is the Director of Membership and Sponsorship. In recent years, Michael has also taken on management and strategic planning for the SVCA website and all Social Media outlets. Playing a key role in redefining and modernizing the mission of that organization while attending to the unique needs of Business Sponsors and Individual Members can be a daunting task, but it appeals to Michael’s passion to forge relationships and provide exemplary customer service.
In 2015 Michael joined the Board of Directors of City Lights Theatre Company where he participates on the fundraising and audience engagement committees. Supporting City Lights is a source of pride for Michael as it connects deeply to his lifelong appreciation of live theater. Michael gained a deep understanding of theater operations and patron services after working his way up through the ranks of San Jose Repertory Theatre which he left in 2007 after a successful tenure as Associate Director of Operations.
When not working or volunteering Michael regularly seeks out new restaurants, bars and attractions to do “market research” and keep himself knowledgeable of the region’s latest offerings. Michael is a keen appreciator of food trends which he frequently worries will be evidenced by his waistline. Travel tops his list of favorite activities whether it be international excursions or a weekend road trip. Always ready for an outdoor adventure Michael camps, hikes and above all else, loves fishing.
Learn more about leadership san jose and how you can participate here.
- 2017 leadership san jose: Elier Peraza
- 2017 leadership san jose: Maureen Reyes Damrel
- 2017 leadership san jose: Jim Westbury
- 2017 leadership san jose: Elle Washburn
- 2017 leadership san jose: Chloe Verrey
- 2017 leadership san jose: Dr. Summer Van Pelt
- 2017 leadership san jose: Hector Lucatero
- 2017 leadership san jose: Gina Tibaldi
- 2017 leadership san jose: Anish Singh
- 2017 leadership san jose: Joe Salvato
- 2017 leadership san jose: Andre Thomas
- 2017 leadership san jose: Laura Salcido
- 2017 leadership san jose: Patricia Oliverio-Lauderdale
- 2017 leadership san jose: Ziem Nguyen Neubert
- 2017 leadership san jose: Tim McLaughlin
- 2017 leadership san jose: Teresa Marquez
- 2017 leadership san jose: Greg Louie
- 2017 leadership san jose: Mick Greco
- 2017 leadership san jose: Rob Lindo
- 2017 leadership san jose: Melissa Durkin
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Ed Davis
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Doug Bartl
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Linda Antonopoulos