The SVO foundation along with 21 members of The silicon valley organization have joined #GivingTuesday, a a global day of giving that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity world wide.
Occurring this year on Nov. 28, #GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the US), and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
This event kicks off the holiday giving season and aims at inspiring people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes they support.
SVO members participating include:
- Bill Wilson Center
- Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
- Center for Spiritual Living San Jose
- Child Advocates of Silicon Valley
- College of Adaptive Arts
- Downtown Streets Team
- Guadalupe River Park Conservancy
- Hope Services
- Hunger at Home
- Project HIRED
- Recovery Cafe San Jose
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara & San Mateo Counties
- United Way of the Bay Area
- Via Services, Inc.
- Teen Success, Inc.
- The Health Trust
- The Tech Museum
- YWCA Silicon Valley