Name: John Hogan
Company: Silicon Valley Children's Fund
John Hogan is Vice President for Career Services at Silicon Valley Children’s Fund (SVCF), a non-profit focused on improving life outcomes for foster youth through education and employment.
Prior to joining SVCF, he was the founder and volunteer CEO at TeenForce, which helps foster youth acquire the skills, habits and work experience to fulfill their potential.
TeenForce was merged into SVCF in July 2017. He is a Santa Clara County commissioner, serving on the Joint Foster Youth Task Force. Hogan also co-chairs the Opportunity Youth Partnership effort in Santa Clara County as part of a Collective Impact initiative inspired by the White House Council on Community Solutions. He is a Bay Area Jefferson Awards recipient and a nominee for the 2016 Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award for Outstanding Public Service Benefiting Communities.
Hogan was recognized as a Champion of Change by the Obama Administration in 2013 for TeenForce’s work on youth jobs initiatives. He had a successful 24 year career in the mortgage industry, including as a founding partner and CEO of Princeton Capital in Los Gatos. He retired from the mortgage industry in 2007 and earned an MBA from Santa Clara University in 2009, where the TeenForce concept represented his final project. He has a BA in Economics from the University of California at Berkeley. TeenForce has been a member of The SVO since 2012 and was named the SVO Non-profit of the Year in 2015.
"We have collaborated with The SVO on a number of projects focused on Opportunity Youth and Foster Youth over the past five years. Becoming a board member is a natural extension of this work and should facilitate even deeper connections between SVO membership and youth-focused programs in Silicon Valley."
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Toni Vanwinkle
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Todd Harris
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: John Aitken
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joey McCarthy Jr.
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Mike Benkert
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joe Foster
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Kevin Weiss
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Kevin McClelland
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Jeanne Serpa
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Rob Lindo
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Glenn Perkins
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joseph DeSchryver
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: John Tang
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Sarah Reeves