It's been a week since San Jose was hit by a severe storm that left several areas of the city flooded and thousands in need of help.
There have been several efforts to bring the greater community together to volunteer, donate goods and funds but the work is not done.
We've put together a list of ways to help below and if we are missing any, please email VP of Communications Mayra Flores De Marcotte here.
The City of San Jose has also set up this page for upcoming volunteer opportunities, including creek/area cleanups.
On March 5, between noon and 9PM, downtown San Jose restaurants are participating in a Dine & Give campaign to donate 25% of the bill to the San Jose flood relief fund. Participating SVO members include: Blush Ice Bar, The Farmers Union and Olla Cocina. Click here for details.
The Silicon Valley Community Foundation has raised $998,000 as of Feb. 28. To make a donation to help families affected, click here.
SVO members CityTeam have also set up ways for you to help. Click here for details.
For those impacted by the floods, the City of San Jose has put together these resources for your use.
The American Red Cross Silicon Valley Chapter has additional resources for those affected here.
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo has put together this page to thank all those that have helped during this time of great need for the City of San Jose and its residents.
We'd like to particularly thank our members for their generosity:
- Iron Construction, for donating sump pumps
- Pizza My Heart, San José, for donations of food for volunteers
- Republic Urban Properties, for donating sump pumps
- Blach Construction, for donating sump pumps
- Fairfield Residential, for donating sump pumps
- Barry Swenson Builder, for donating sump pumps
- McDonald's, for donating breakfast for Tuesday volunteers
- U-Haul, for donating free storage
- Silicon Valley Auto Dealers Association $100,000
- The Sobrato Family Foundation $50,000
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation $50,000
- Wells Fargo $25,000
- Paypal $25,000
- San Francisco 49ers $20,000
- PG&E Corporation (Matching) $20,000
- San José Sharks Fund $20,000
- San José Earthquakes (Matching) $15,000
- Santa Clara County Association of Realtors $10,000
- San José Water Company $10,000
- Brocade $10,000
- Comcast Corporation $10,000
- Boston Properties $10,000
- Safeway Corporation $10,000
- The Core Companies $2,500