Name: Laura Salcido
Company: Freshest Cargo
Laura Salcido is a San Jose native with a deep love for the Bay Area's rich cultural heritage.
A graduate of UC Santa Cruz, she has over 10 years of professional experience at the intersection of food systems, community development, and public health, and has developed and managed projects ranging from farm to school education to establishing community farmers' markets to managing outreach campaigns for urban garden policy change.
In 2013, Laura launched the Freshest Cargo mobile farmers' market to make fresh, local produce available to those with little access; the vehicles visit sites throughout the Bay Area.
Not to be defined strictly by a day job, Laura has always been a champion of the arts and creative placemaking. She is known for her own line of designed kitsch sold under the moniker POQUITO, and curating thematic events to create novel experiences.
Laura always has at least one volunteer side project running and is excited to be part of Leadership San Jose to find new ways she can support her community.
Learn more about leadership san jose and how you can participate here.
- 2017 leadership san jose: Patricia Oliverio-Lauderdale
- 2017 leadership san jose: Ziem Nguyen Neubert
- 2017 leadership san jose: Tim McLaughlin
- 2017 leadership san jose: Teresa Marquez
- 2017 leadership san jose: Greg Louie
- 2017 leadership san jose: Mick Greco
- 2017 leadership san jose: Rob Lindo
- 2017 leadership san jose: Melissa Durkin
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Ed Davis
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Doug Bartl
- 2017 leadership san jose class: Linda Antonopoulos