Name: Joan Escover
Company: JP Graphics, Inc.
Profession: Printer/Communications Professional
How long has your business been a part of The SVO?:
Why is it important to your business to be a part of The SVO?
I enjoy the networking AND more importantly the education – especially the Monthly Breakfasts ... really helps in your ability to know what is going on in Silicon Valley.
What was your first job like?
I got my first job at Wendy’s on my 16th Birthday. I have never worked that hard again. But you do appreciate working with the public and what its like to clean up after someone who doesn’t care … So I teach my children to CARE and be respectful of everyone’s things.
Describe your current job.
I run a large printing company that covers the whole realm of print – from digital to offset to specialty finishing like foils and letterpress. We have 45 employees that are true craftsmen, and I am proud to be a woman-owned business in a male-dominated industry.
What has been a career high point for you thus far?
Surviving the Dot.com Bust. A LOT of printers didn’t. I used every bit of my education and resources to stay alive and it has paid off .
What words of advice can you share for other professional women working in the Silicon Valley
Support one another. From a Yelp review, to a referral, to just be listening support. We make the best sales team because we are fair and have great follow-through.
On August 26, 2017, Women’s Equality Day is celebrated across the nation. To celebrate, The SVO is highlighting some of the women who choose to make their mark in Silicon Valley business - SVO members & SVO staff - through the SVO Women series.
Every week, we will have new SVO Women profiles on members and staff. Follow along on social media: #SVOWomen
READ THE SERIES
- SVO Women: Kristen Welch, KPAW Inc.
- SVO Women: Amanda Llerena, Programs & Events Coordinator
- SVO Women: Tracey Enfantino, Environmental Systems, Inc.
- SVO Women: Tonette Slaviero, Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager - CUHSD
- SVO Women: Cat Uong, Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager - SJUSD
- SVO Women: Susan Ellenberg, Sr. Director of Community Development
- SVO Women: Janikke Klem, Tech CU
- SVO Women: Kelly Peaton, Director of Education and Workforce
- SVO Women: Mariana Faerron-Gutierrez, Tico Coffee Roasters
- SVO Women: Mayra Flores De Marcotte, VP of Communications
- SVO Women: Lennies Gutierrez, Comcast
- SVO Women: Geri Wong, Newmark Cornish & Carey
- SVO Women: Lina Guzman, Executive Assistant & HR Administrator