The San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara Metro area once again made a top list, this time for its residents' healthy living habits.
According to WallSt.com, the San jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara Metro is the second healthiest city in the United States.
"Life expectancy in the San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara metro area is 82.7 years, the highest in the country. Healthy behavior plays a role in the residents’ long life expectancy. More than 98% of the population has access to places for physical activity such as recreation centers and parks. As a result, area residents are more likely to lead active lifestyles than most Americans."
Must be those more than 300 days of sun we get here.
Or maybe our gorgeous open spaces that convince us to go outside when we're not at the office.
Our healthy economy sure does help.
According to the article, "Financial stability makes it easier to consistently afford healthy food."
- Silicon Valley Named 3rd Most Educated City in America
- San Jose Included in Best Places to Live in U.S.
- San Jose Is Named One of Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in the U.S.
- San Jose Makes Top 10 List of Millennial Magnet Cities
- San Jose Named One of 2017's Happiest Place to Live
- San Jose Named 'Best Place to Live in America'
- San Jose Named One of the Happiest Cities to Work