Institutions like these make this list a no-brainer. Silicon Valley added Most Educated City in America to its growing list of recognitions.
Personal Finance outlet WalletHub.com named the San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara Metro, otherwise known to the world as Silicon Valley, the third Most Educated City in America this week.
To determine where the most educated Americans are choosing to settle, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 150 largest U.S. metropolitan statistical areas, or MSAs, across nine key metrics. The data set ranges from share of adults aged 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or higher to racial education gap to quality of the public school system.
Educational Characteristics of San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara (1=Most Educated; 75=Avg.)
- 3rd– % of Bachelor’s Degree Holders
- 7th– % of Associate’s Degree Holders or College-Experienced Adults
- 4th – % of Graduate or Professional Degree Holders
- 4th – Quality of Public School System
- 3rd – Avg. Quality of Universities
- 29th – Racial Education Gap (Blacks vs. Whites)
- 19th–Gender Education Gap (Women vs. Men)
Read the rest of the study here.
- San Jose Included in Best Places to Live in U.S.
- San Jose Is Named One of Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in the U.S.
- San Jose Makes Top 10 List of Millennial Magnet Cities
- San Jose Named One of 2017's Happiest Place to Live
- San Jose Named 'Best Place to Live in America'
- San Jose Named One of the Happiest Cities to Work