Name: Geri Wong
Company: Newmark Cornish & Carey
Profession: Commercial Real Estate Broker
How long has your business been a part of The SVO?
Why is it important to your business to be a part of The SVO?
The SVO is an excellent organization that represents the interest of all businesses, regardless of size, advocates on issues that concerns businesses; and offers great networking opportunities.
What was your first job like?
I started working when I was 5 years old in my family’s business doing whatever my dad told me to ... and have never stopped.
Describe your current job.
I represent Tenants/ Buyers and Landlords/Sellers in leasing and sales of commercial real estate.
What has been a career high point for you thus far?
I have to think on that one, I feel like there have been so many great projects that I have worked on with many incredible clients and professionals. I am proud of the real estate work I have done in Downtown San Jose professionally and the leadership and civic work through the San Jose Downtown Association.
What words of advice can you share for other professional women working in the Silicon Valley?
Silicon Valley is a very dynamic area with lots of opportunity for women that is limited only by your imagination and willingness to apply yourself.
On August 26, 2017, Women’s Equality Day is celebrated across the nation. To celebrate, The SVO is highlighting some of the women who choose to make their mark in Silicon Valley business - SVO members & SVO staff - through the SVO Women series.
READ THE SERIES
- SVO Women: Kristen Welch, KPAW Inc.
- SVO Women: Amanda Llerena, Programs & Events Coordinator
- SVO Women: Tracey Enfantino, Environmental Systems, Inc.
- SVO Women: Tonette Slaviero, Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager - CUHSD
- SVO Women: Joan Escover, JP Graphics
- SVO Women: Cat Uong, Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager - SJUSD
- SVO Women: Susan Ellenberg, Sr. Director of Community Development
- SVO Women: Janikke Klem, Tech CU
- SVO Women: Kelly Peaton, Director of Education and Workforce
- SVO Women: Mariana Faerron-Gutierrez, Tico Coffee Roasters
- SVO Women: Mayra Flores De Marcotte, VP of Communications
- SVO Women: Lennies Gutierrez, Comcast
- SVO Women: Lina Guzman, Executive Assistant & HR Administrator