Name: Tonette Slaviero
Company: The silicon valley organization
Title: Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager / Work Experience Educator
How long have you been a part of The SVO?
Almost a year
Why did you choose to work at The SVO? What about what you do keeps you here?
I enjoy connecting businesses with high school students in order to offer them work-based learning opportunities.
What was your first job like?
My first job was in retail sales which led to merchandising manager and eventually Human Resource Manager. I loved helping my customers make wise buying decisions and helping my employees succeed with their sales goals and career advancement.
Describe your current job.
In my current position as Campbell Union High School District Liaison at The SVO I assist our other three school district liaisons in making work-based learning available to as many of our students as possible.
What has been a career high point for you thus far?
Since I have been teaching for 30 years, my biggest career high has been taking some of my students to DECA competitions, watching them get excited when they won, and now staying connected with them on Facebook to follow how their lives have evolved over the years.
What words of advice can you share for other professional women working in the Silicon Valley?
Remember that you (we all) have a special gift to share with the world. Don't withhold it; share it with others.
On August 26, 2017, Women’s Equality Day is celebrated across the nation. To celebrate, The SVO is highlighting some of the women who choose to make their mark in Silicon Valley business - SVO members & SVO staff - through the SVO Women series.
Every week, we will have new SVO Women profiles on members and staff. Follow along on social media: #SVOWomen
READ THE SERIES
- SVO Women: Joan Escover, JP Graphics
- SVO Women: Cat Uong, Sr. Public Policy & Workforce Development Manager - SJUSD
- SVO Women: Susan Ellenberg, Sr. Director of Community Development
- SVO Women: Janikke Klem, Tech CU
- SVO Women: Kelly Peaton, Director of Education and Workforce
- SVO Women: Mariana Faerron-Gutierrez, Tico Coffee Roasters
- SVO Women: Mayra Flores De Marcotte, VP of Communications
- SVO Women: Geri Wong, Newmark Cornish & Carey
- SVO Women: Lina Guzman, Executive Assistant & HR Administrator