San Jose is in the headlines again, this time as the hottest housing market in the U.S.
According to Zillow.com, the Heart of Silicon Valley climbed to the top of the list due in part to its high-paying tech jobs as well as its rising home values.
In fact, the website sites a 17.4 percent growth in home values over the last year alone, making San Jose's housing market the fastest growing among the country's 50 largest metros.
And let's not get started on the job market ...
"Glassdoor estimates that San Jose has 0.036 job openings per person – the highest rate among large U.S. metros." -Zillow.com
San Jose is one of two Bay Area cities on the list.
Top 5 Hottest Markets in 2018, According to Zillow.com:
- San Jose, CA
- Raleigh, NC
- Seattle, WA
- Charlotte, NC
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose Kicks Off 2018 Making Best Cities of the World List
- San Jose Metro Area Makes Forbes' 2017 America's Coolest Cities List
- San Jose Metro Named Best Place for Tech Jobs
- San Jose Metro Makes National Geographic's 25 Happiest Places in the United States List
- San Jose Makes List of Top 10 Fastest Growing Large Cities in America
- San Jose Named Second Healthiest City in America
- Silicon Valley Named 3rd Most Educated City in America
- San Jose Included in Best Places to Live in U.S.
- San Jose Is Named One of Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in the U.S.
- San Jose Makes Top 10 List of Millennial Magnet Cities
- San Jose Named One of 2017's Happiest Place to Live
- San Jose Named 'Best Place to Live in America'
- San Jose Named One of the Happiest Cities to Work