Who says picnics are reserved for the summertime? During #SanJoseEats, part of California Restaurant Month, the Fountain Restaurant invites you to enjoy a decadent picnic indoors, featuring locally-sourced cuisine and artfully inspired dishes. Located inside the iconic Fairmont San Jose hotel, the Fountain is a favorite among hotel guests and locals alike, serving up breakfast, brunch and lunch daily.
Executive Chef Ryan Ellison has prepared a special menu for #SanJoseEats that celebrates our area’s local cuisine and brings the gourmet picnic experience indoors for restaurant guests to enjoy.
A Peek Inside the Picnic Basket
What can you expect to enjoy at the Fountain’s picnic indoors? Take a sneak peek inside the “picnic basket” – an elaborate spread of savory favorites and sweet delicacies – with the sample menu below.
- Artisan Charcuterie with Grilled Breads
- California Creamery featuring California Cheesemakers
- South Tower Honey and Honeycomb
- Roasted Apple and Butternut Squash, Sweetened with South Tower Honey, Crème Fraiche and Pepitas
- Orecchiette Pasta Salad with Roasted Peppers, Kalamata Olives, Charred Broccoli and 12 Year Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Rum Toffee Eclair with Black Walnut Sables
In addition to the gourmet picnic menu, guests can enjoy local wines from Grgich Hills Estate in Napa Valley.
What’s the Buzz About?
The Fountain’s indoor picnic menu will feature a very special ingredient: South Tower Honey. Curated from the Fairmont San Jose’s own bee hotel, which is located on the roof of the hotel’s South Tower building, this honey is as sustainable as it is delicious. The bee hotel was installed at Fairmont San Jose in 2013 in partnership with City Bees™, and it now houses around 50,000 bees and produces around 100 pounds of honey per year. The bee hotel program represents the Fairmont San Jose’s commitment to offering local, organic, sustainable cuisine, and guests can enjoy house-harvested honey throughout the year in various soups, salad dressings, pastries, ice cream and desserts.
Hungry for More?
Guests can enjoy the special picnic indoors menu during #SanJoseEats, from January 15 to January 28, 2018. The restaurant will also be offering its seasonal a la carte menu during this time, and reservations can be made via OpenTable.
#SanJoseEATS is part of California Restaurant Month. Now in its eighth year, California Restaurant Month is a state-wide program sponsored by encouraging visitors to partake in California cuisine. In 2016, travelers in California spent $33.9 billion on food and beverage (Source: Dean Runyan Associates), and 38 million domestic visitors participated in fine dining throughout the state.
Join in the celebration on social media and post your best selfies at participating locations (messy eating shots encouraged) using #SanJoseEats and #VisitSanJose. For more information on what individual places are offering, please visit www.sanjose.org/sanjoseeats.
- Guest Post: Visit San Jose Kick's Off #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: Fogo de Chão Santana Row Celebrates #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: LB Steak Santana Row to Host #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: Olla Cocina Celebrates #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: Farmers Union Celebrates #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: EMC Seafood & Raw Bar Santana Row Does #SanJoseEATS
- Guest Post: Get Happy at Loft Bar and Bistro During #SanJoseEATS