Name: Rob Lindo
Company: M8trix Casino
Rob Lindo – lawyer, actor, and chef – hails from Vancouver by way of Jamaica. The road to San Jose involved stops in New Jersey, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles.
Rob, an experienced litigator, joined San Jose’s Casino M8trix as its General Counsel in September 2014. He continues in that role and now also serves on Casino M8trix’s Board of Directors. Rob is an alumnus of the Leadership San Jose’s Class of 2017.
Prior to moving to California, Rob litigated in Washington, DC, and Maryland, focusing on commercial litigation, environmental litigation (oil and gas), products and railroad Liability, and construction defects defense.
Rob’s first stop in California was Los Angeles, were he took a break from legal practice to pursue several years of work as an actor and stage performer. While in LA, he volunteered for The Art of Elysium – working with children and families in various Southern California medical facilities, participating in performing arts workshops and activities designed to help individuals cope with the difficult emotional challenges of illness and hospitalization.
This passion for the arts followed Rob to San Jose, where he served as Board Member of the Silicon Valley Ballet. Rob has a BA in Middle Eastern and Islamic History from Simon Fraser University and a JD from The George Washington University Law School. While in law school, he was a Dean’s Fellow, the Publicity Chair of the Mock Trial Board, Chair of the Student Bar Association (“SBA”) Student Recruitment Committee, and SBA Assistant Programs Director.
Rob completed the University of Oxford’s Special Programme in International Human Rights Law and attended Vancouver’s Dubrulle French Culinary Institute.
“As a relatively new transplant to San Jose, it is important to me to actively participate in the productivity and growth of my new home. Local businesses need to be voices of positive change in our community and to take a role in shaping the future of the Silicon Valley. On behalf of ownership and our employees, I am proud to represent Casino M8trix on The SVO Board of Directors as my service will accomplish these objectives.”
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Toni Vanwinkle
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Todd Harris
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: John Aitken
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joey McCarthy Jr.
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Mike Benkert
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joe Foster
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Kevin Weiss
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Kevin McClelland
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Jeanne Serpa
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: John Hogan
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Glenn Perkins
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Joseph DeSchryver
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: John Tang
- 2018 New SVO Board Member: Sarah Reeves