Below is information regarding Comcast’s support for the Camp Fire in Butte County. Please forward to friends, family and any contacts. Comcast is actively engaged with local authorities in providing assistance as best we can.
For more information about Comcast’s overall response and restoration efforts, please visit: http://california.comcast.com/. Our Twitter feed @ComcastCA is another good source of information.
Comcast Support, Service and Restoration Update
· The Xfinity stores in Chico and Yuba City are both open
· During this crisis, Comcast will NOT charge fees for early termination, late fees, relocation fees or any other fees related to damaged or lost equipment
· We will work with our customers to resolve any issues they may be having as quickly and efficiently as we possibly can
· If a customer wants to suspend XFINITY services for an extended period of time, but would like to retain use of mobile apps such as Stream TV, Connect, My Account, XFINITY Home, and more, we'll enable them to do so for up to four months and will significantly reduce their bills during this time
· Email outreach to about 75,000 customers are receiving SMS text messages and emails, as well as receiving push notifications via the Xfinity “My Account” application
· 60 CAR representatives are working the evacuation sites
· A list of Frequently Asked Questions for customers can be found at http://california.comcast.com
· Important Note for Customers: The fire has caused power failures that disrupt Xfinity services. Even when the power is restored, Xfinity services may still not be working. This is because power lines and Xfinity lines do not always travel the same path.
· Comcast has more than 51,000 free XFINITY WiFi hotspots open throughout the impacted areas
o For a map of XFINITY WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors in places such as shopping districts, parks and businesses, please visit: www.xfinity.com/wifi
· Flyers are being distributed at evacuation centers and community meetings with key information about how to access Xfinity services, even if you are out of your home
· Comcast is providing Internet, WiFi and Video services to evacuation/community support centers and fire command centers. Those locations include:
o Silver Dollar Fairgrounds (CAL Fire Command Center) 2357 Fair Street, Chico 95926
o Church of Nazarene, 1145 East Ave., Chico 95926
o Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 13538 Carner Lane, Chico 95973
o Bidwell Junior High School, 2376 North Ave., Chico 95926
o Evangelical Church, 1193 Filbert Street, Chico 95926
o Neighborhood Church, 2801 Notre Dame Blvd., Chico 95928
o Elks Lodge, 1705 Manzanita Ave., Chico 95926
o Butte County Fairgrounds, 199 E Hazel Street, Oroville 95965
o Church of Nazarene, 2238 Monte Vista Ave., Oroville 95965
o Glen County Fairgrounds, 221 E Yolo Street, Orland 95963
o Yuba City Fairgrounds, 422 Franklin Ave., Yuba 95991
o Fathers House, 10720 Live Oak Blvd., Live Oak 95953
· We are working to fully support emergency response, local assistance and command centers throughout the impacted areas
· For more information, Cal Fire is publishing daily updates here.