Website businesss.org released a report this week with their list of top 10 cities across the country considered best places for women to start a business.
The San Jose-Santa Clara-Sunnyvale metro area, otherwise known as Silicon Valley, made the top three list, coming in as number two, behind the Greater Tampa Bay Area in Florida.
"It may be obvious that the tech-driven landscape of Silicon Valley offers some of the greatest opportunity for women business owners. But it may surprise you to see exactly which metropolitan areas—both in Silicon Valley and beyond—offer the best mix of factors for women looking to launch their own businesses." - Business.org
Business.org examined these key metrics for their ranking:
- Percentage of women-owned businesses
- Number of new businesses per 100,000 people
- Women-to-men pay difference
- Unemployment rate for women
- Number of National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) chapters
- San Jose Named 3rd Happiest City in America
- San Jose Makes Another List, Included in 2018's Top 10 Most Diverse Cities
- San Jose Named 2018's Hottest Housing Market in U.S.
- San Jose Kicks Off 2018 Making Best Cities of the World List
- San Jose Metro Area Makes Forbes' 2017 America's Coolest Cities List
- San Jose Metro Named Best Place for Tech Jobs
- San Jose Metro Makes National Geographic's 25 Happiest Places in the United States List
- San Jose Makes List of Top 10 Fastest Growing Large Cities in America
- San Jose Named Second Healthiest City in America
- Silicon Valley Named 3rd Most Educated City in America
- San Jose Included in Best Places to Live in U.S.
- San Jose Is Named One of Top 10 Most Diverse Cities in the U.S.
- San Jose Makes Top 10 List of Millennial Magnet Cities
- San Jose Named One of 2017's Happiest Place to Live
- San Jose Named 'Best Place to Live in America'
- San Jose Named One of the Happiest Cities to Work