San Jose, Calif.— The Silicon Valley Organization is pleased to announce the 2018 Distinguished Business Awards, recognized at its Annual Membership Celebration on Thursday, April 5 at the Fairmont San Jose.
“This truly is a celebration of the business leaders and organizations that are actively changing Silicon Valley for the better,” said Matt Mahood, President & CEO of The Silicon Valley Organization. “They are dynamic drivers within their businesses and agents of change throughout their industries and communities.”
Now in its seventh year, the Distinguished Business Awards aim at honoring those business leaders from within The SVO’s 1,400-member organization. There are five award categories that are honored annually, all peer-nominated.
- Distinguished Business Leader: Barry Swenson, Chairman of the Board, Swenson
- Businessman of the Year: Kevin Albanese, President & CEO, Joseph J. Albanese, Inc.
- Businesswoman of the Year: Irene Chavez, Sr. Vice President & Area Manager, Kaiser Permanente
- Small Business of the Year: Labarre Studios
- Non-profit of the Year: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County
“It is an honor to be recognized by my peers for this most prestigious award. I've spent my entire life in the Silicon Valley working to build our community and provide a great place for our citizens to live, work, and play,” said Barry Swenson. “I accept this award on behalf of the entire Swenson Family and my team that has helped lead us to new heights. I am also grateful for the opportunity to have re-invested so much into San Jose over the past six decades through my philanthropic activities. The relationships and partnerships created here ... I will always cherish.”
- 2018 Distinguished Business Leader: Barry Swenson, Swenson
- 2018 Businesswoman of the Year: Irene Chavez, Kaiser Permanente
- 2018 Businessman of the Year: Kevin Albanese, Joseph J. Albanese, Inc.
- 2018 Small Business of the Year: LaBarre Studios
- 2018 Nonprofit of the Year: Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County