Entrepreneurs’ Legal Advising Clinic: Get Answers to Legal Questions in a 30-Minute Private Session With a Qualified Business Attorney for FREE
Wrestling with a thorny legal question, but can’t afford the cost of a high-priced business attorney?
Many entrepreneurs and small business owners say they could have saved considerable time, expense, and headache if only they had consulted an attorney earlier rather than later, especially on legal issues such as the following:
- Founders' Agreements
- Entity Choice (Sole Proprietorship, LLC, Corporation, etc.)
- Licensing and Other Regulations
- Employment Matters
- Independent Contractor versus Employee Classification
- Equity Compensation
- Restricted Stock & Shareholders’ Agreements
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Intellectual Property Protection (Trademarks, Copyrights, etc.)
- Privacy Policies
- Commercial Lease Agreements
- Customer and Vendor Contracts
- Licensing Agreements
At this clinic, you can talk to an experienced business attorney about any of these issues, and more, so you can focus on your business.
Note: The Entrepreneurs’ Legal Advising Clinic is an extension of the Entrepreneurs’ Law Clinic at Santa Clara University School of Law (law.scu.edu/elc). Volunteer attorneys will conduct counseling sessions with entrepreneurs while mentoring law students who conduct intake interviews and research, and participate in the counseling sessions. The goal of the Legal Advising Clinic Program is three-fold:
- Serve a population of entrepreneurs that otherwise may not have access to affordable and competent legal counsel;
- Provide meaningful connections of volunteer students and volunteer attorney mentors; and,
- Provide law students with exposure to real-world entrepreneurs and entrepreneur law.
Clients will be seen between 5:30 and 8:00 pm by appointment only, and will be asked to furnish in advance information about their business or plans and the nature of the legal issue(s) on which they seek advice.
DATES & LOCATIONS
Wednesday Clinics: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 5:30 - 8:00 PM. Repeats 2nd Wednesday monthly: 10/10, 11/13 at Silicon Valley SCORE, 234 E Gish Rd, Suite 100, San Jose.
Thursday Clinics: Thursday, September 20, 2018 5:30 - 8:00 PM. Repeats 3rd Thursday monthly - 10/18, 11/15 at Martin Luther King, Jr Library, 150 E San Fernando St, San Jose.
To receive more information, go to: https://tinyurl.com/ELClinics2018
To request an appointment, go to: https://tinyurl.com/ELCRequest2018