Women Engaged! is a series of salon-style conversations on topics of that either impact or are of particular interest to women and feature dynamic women pushing the envelope.
Program locations vary and every event includes networking, wine, coffee and dessert. They take place on Tuesday evenings, once a month. Location addresses are provided upon registration.
The third Women Engaged! salon-style conversation series begins June 26.
2018 THIRD SERIES TOPICS AND SPEAKERS:
- Part 1: Women Supporting Women Entrepreneurs with Marie Millares, Founder, San Jose Made
- Part 2: TBD with Almaz Negash, Founder, African Diaspora Network
- Part 3: Changing the Foster Care Narrative with Elise Cutini, CEO of The Children’s Fund
- Part 4: Asset-Based Approach to Female Empowerment with Camille Llanes-Fontanilla, Executive Director, Somos Mayfair
- Part 5: Women in Non-Traditional Careers with Claudia Folzman, Owner, Iron Construction
- Part 6: Special Event
2018 SECOND SERIES TOPICS AND SPEAKERS:
- Part 1: ‘Boys and Guns’: Masculinity in a Culture of Violence with Siavash Zohoori, Fellow, New Leaders Council, and Darius Kemp, Director of Mobilization for The Representation Project
- Part 2: Sensible Gun Legislation with Sara Smirin, Dr. Michelle Sandberg, Founders, Moms Demand Action
- Part 3: Women in Politics with Mary Hughes, Founder, Close the Gap CA
- Part 4: From Pay Equity to Caregiving: Workplace Challenges that Disproportionately Impact Women with Derecka Mehrens, Executive Director of Working Partnerships
- Part 5: Gender and Mental Health with Dr. Victoria Stanton, Chief Medical Officer at Momentum Mental Health
- Part 6: Women Refugees with Mindy Berkowitz, Executive Director, Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley
2017 The inaugural series' topics and speakers:
- Part 1: Gender Wage Gap, featuring Esther Peralez-Dieckmann, Executive Director, Santa Clara County Office of Women's Policy
- Part 2: Violence Against Women, featuring Tanis Crosby, CEO, YWCA Silicon Valley
- Part 3: Women, Girls and Public Education, featuring Jennifer Thomas, President, San Jose Teacher's Association
- Part 4: Justice Involved Women and Girls, featuring Chandra Lopez-Brooks, Commissioner, Santa Clara County Commission on the Status of Women
- Part 5: Campus Sexual Assault "Rape Culture," featuring Crystal Riggins, Attorney at Hoge Fenton, Jones & Appel
- Part 6: The Politics of Women's Health, featuring Guadalupe Rodriguez, Director of Public Affairs, Planned Parenthood Mar Monte